Monday, April 13, 2009

Climbing Made the Cold Bearable, Barely

Tonight after work I went out for another ride, this time with my friend Robert, who has been on previous blogs. It was a little chillier this evening. The thermometer on my car was saying the outside temperature was between 52 and 54 degrees F at about 5:45 PM, when we were getting started. I looked at the thermometer on my bike about 1/2-way through the ride and it said 47 degrees. It was the most difficult on the descents. It is a nice hilly route, so the climbing helped me warm up. But, 47 degrees is a little too cold. Later this week it is supposed to be in the 60's, so I will head out again then.

My cyclometer isn't working yet this season, so I don't have any numbers. I think I may have some corrosion from over the winter. I will try to clean up the contacts and see if that fixes it.

No comments: