Thursday, April 16, 2009

Another Installment of Endorphin-Soaked Bike Rides



Hearing about the weather in SLC, I wanted to be sure to get out in today's somewhat balmier weather in NY. It was 62 degrees F when I started, but riding up through the canyons in the area, with the sun going down, it quickly cooled to 55. I went alone tonight, since most people went at lunchtime or had other commitments. It was 33 miles, with a 1086 ft vertical. The major climb is a long slow ascent through a winding bucolic canyon. It felt like there was a headwind the whole time. It took me 1:55 minutes; not too bad for early in the season for me. I like to ride in this area, because there is not a lot of traffic. I think 5 cars passed me the whole time I was out.

I have begun to notice that I am much more inclined to post on my blog when I have ridden. I wonder if there is a correlation between the endorphins and posting...

2 comments:

Oma/Marion said...

Hey Karl, I was just thinking as I was reading your blog that you were blogging more often now since you have been riding. Could be the endorphins or just that it is something that you are passionate about and want to share. Keep on riding!

Karl said...

Thanks Marion. I never thought I would enjoy something as much as I do riding. I used to enjoy running, but age caught up with me and I have found the same level of euphoria in cycling.